Re: I was surprised, thought I'd share...

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:28:54 -0800 (PST)

The hints, that should not be used and will be deprecated (not sure from which release it was) for a long time.
The rule one is the worst of course.

We should trust the optimizer fully, but you have got more and more hints to choose of course. That is giving me more confidence :)
While you should not use them, Oracle products are using it all over the place.

And undocumented Oracle parameters, do not use except if it is Oracle Applications :)

Do you Yahoo!?
Dress up your holiday email, Hollywood style. Learn more. http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com