Bind Variable -- Implicit Cursor

From: Fahd Mirza <fahd-m_at_aero.com.pk>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:34:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi listers,

   I am afraid, I am going to ask a very simple question. I am trying to learn the Bind Variables. I know what are they and how they can be used in explicit cursor. But I am at loss at how they would he used in implicit cursor. E.g. the following PL/SQL block uses the bind variable explicit cursor and it works fine.   declare
    type rc is ref cursor;
    l_rc rc;
    l_dummy all_objects.object_name%type;   begin

        for i in 1...1000
        loop
            open l_rc for
            'select object_name from all_object where object_id=:x' using i;
            fetch l_rc into l_dummy;
            close l_rc;
       end loop;

  end;
/

I want to use the bind variable ':x' in implicit cursor like this

declare
begin

     for i in (select object_name from all_object where object_id=:x' using i)
     loop
     end loop;

end;
 /
but the above code with For Loop cursor is giving errors. I would be extremely grateful for guidance.

regards,
Fahd