asynchronous multi-master replication

From: Stalin <stalinsk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 18:58:25 -0800

Hi All,

We have a requirement to build an environment with 2 databases running on two different locations with same set of applications running on each site. Apparently both database should be in sync all the time. After reading the doco, this requirement clearly begs for Asynchronous/Synchronous multi-master replication. Don't ask me why this needs to be done from two different locations, that's part of SLA's. sometimes, SLA's make things more complex!

Can anybody share your experience in terms of performance/scalibility in a two way multi-master replication.

Configuration we are looking at for now is --

4 proc, 4g mem, 15 (15k rpms) * 36 G on a raid 10, oracle enterprise edition (10g) -- per site.

Thanks,
Stalin