Is this SQL Possible??

From: Ben Sauer <SauerBL_at_ldschurch.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:11:27 -0700

I have a many to one relationship from table b to table a. In other words, in
table A I have people and in table B I have assignments. I need to write a query to pick up a set of users in table A and just one of their assignments. I
don't even care which one. Is there a way to do that elegantly?

I thought this would work... but it's just too time consuming.

SELECT *
  FROM ss,

       (SELECT "Support Staff ID", "Group ID"
          FROM gd WHERE "Full Name" IN (SELECT DISTINCT "Full Name"
                                          FROM gd))
 WHERE ss.code = "Support Staff ID"
Thanks,
Ben.

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.