research on schema design

From: Amihay Gonen <AmihayG_at_ectel.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:39:29 +0200

Hi all,
I currently in a process of redesign our schema structures , and I'm looking for optimal way of doing it.

Here is what I've in mind:

The schema structure should be as optimal as possible for the following considerations (Starting with the most important):

I come up with the divisions of schemas:

Terms and meaning :
  Module - A logical unit which perform several business actions.   Application - A set of connected modules

Here are my questions :

  1. What do you think about the design ? Are there any standard design which I can learn from ?
  2. What is the best way to implement several environments ? Different databases ? One database with different schema <App>Sys_QA , <App>_Sys_Prod ? And then to use private synonyms to point to the right schema ?
  3. Any comments , or suggestions will be gladly welcome.

I will collect all the answers (if there will be any) and I will put a summary of those later.

Thanks for the effort .

Amihay Gonen
DBA,
972-3-9268280

This e-mail message (including any attachment) is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.