Re: Read Only User

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:28:23 -0500

We make two copies of production databases to developers every day. One is specifically meant for application support to debug issues, second one to let developers run their monthly release scripts. Our SA with our help wrote a perl script that takes source and dest database and takes care of _everything_.

This works far better than lettign developers into production databases. Of course the refreshes include scrambling sensitive data.

Raj