RE: Script to get ddl from constraints (and its dependants ) including foreign keys to recreate

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:38:59 -0000

I've tried DDL Wizard.. Quite extensivley.. We distribute it.. ;)

You can output all FK constraints etc only. You can list all of the dependants as well..

One of the best ways of doing this is creating an HTML repository of all of your DDL, and then referencing the dependant objects from there. Here's a quick example:

http://www.cool-tools.co.uk/Products/DDL/db=TEST+sc=DEST_USER.htm

Here you can drill down in to all of the foreign keys ("Const(FK)s"), and from there on down to the DDL and dependant objects. It would be very easy to navigate through this to find all of the dependant DDL based upon the foreign key DDL, as you can see.

Plus you get yourself a nice schema documentation to boot. You could store this on your local machine, or upload it to your intranet.. This is all done with an export taken with "rows=n". I know of no way quicker of getting to DDL (once generated).

http://www.ddlwizard.com

It's Free! ;)

Mark

Cool-Tools UK Limited
http://www.cool-tools.co.uk

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco [mailto:jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com]=20 Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 10:09 AM To: Post, Ethan; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Script to get ddl from constraints (and its dependants ) including foreign keys to recreate

Thanks
 No, but I only want a ddl to extract a contraints and all its dependants, I think there must be one tested somewhere , but the problem is I can't find it. I don't want something to get all the ddls. Only the specific to one constraint. I'm busy and want to save time. =20 Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco OCP

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Dec 17 2004 - 10:34:21 CST