RE: Automatic Space Management Observation

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:38:21 -0500

This has nothing to do with ASM which only exists on 10g.

Nor do I believe that what you are seeing is directly related to ASSM in 9+. It looks to me that your tablespace was created using auto-allocate as the allocation method and the behavior you described is in line with it. It would be helpful if you had posted the create tablespace DDL or the dba_tablespaces values for the tablespace.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --