RE: Read Only User

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:26:42 -0400

Not good. What would stop mladen from altering his session to 'read wirte' after he's connected?

Hi, in that case you can change the trigger

CREATE TRIGGER FON.SADFASDF
AFTER
LOGON
ON DATABASE
.

WHEN USER='MLADEN' THEN DROP USER MLADEN;
.

/
:)

Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.

From: jkstill_at_gmail.com
Date: 12/16/04 15:28:19
To: charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com
Cc: ORACLE-L

This is something that should be handled by the application software.

If this database is ever audited, it will fail the audit by doing this.

The only read only accounts that are acceptable are generally for DBA's and app administrators, and for developers that need to see production data from outside the applicatoin.

Jared

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:51:25 -0800 (PST), Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been asked to shoehorn a user with "read only" access into a database
which wasn't designed to accommodate that. >
> Creating a role with select only on tables and views was easy but I'm struggling with how to handle packaged functions (which allow indirect access to view data). I can't grant execute on the whole package, as it also contains procedures that allow data changes. >
> I could create wrapper packages with only the functions exposed, but that looks like a great big maintenance swamp as this isn't a very stable app and the developers keep on changing the package interfaces.
>
> Any easier ideas? (9.2 btw)
>
> Thanks
> - Charlotte

> Jazz up your holiday email with celebrity designs. Learn more.

Jared Still

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which
contains
information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
intended
to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not
the
intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution
sender of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us by