RE: Read Only User

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:14:58 -0400

Thanks for the advice :)

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP
-------Original Message-------

From: Gogala, Mladen
Date: 12/16/04 16:13:46
To: 'jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com'
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Read Only User

And user "MLADEN" would blow away your rollback segments in no time. Setting transaction to read only would cause me to read all data in the consistent mode, as it was when the transaction started. Fews hour later and few inspected tables later, DBA would be having loads of fun. In addition to that, the whole story would last only until I executed commit  After that, the transaction is over. New transaction wouldn't be read only unless I specify so myself. Juan, when I come to think of it, you should continue with your DBA tips.

--
Mladen Gogala
Ext. 121