RE: OEM and the HTTP Listener

From: Mary Bahrami <mbahrami_at_seattletimes.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:38:24 -0800

Ian,

I have 10g EM running on a solaris box, monitoring an 8, a 9, and a 10 = database; apache runs only on the box running the oms service (em10g), = a 10 agent runs on the servers where the target databases run. The only = v10 service running on the target servers is the agent and a perl parent = process; there was no modification of the listeners on the target = servers, they don't run http, don't run http listener either, but they = can still resolve pages run from a browser (not launched from the server = running apache) of the format:
h t t p://server.oursite.com:1999/emd/main/ =20 apparently this is resolved using 'http connectivity' between the target = and oms servers; maybe another lister can explain how this works?

Mary