rman duplicate

From: Joan Hsieh <Joan.Hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:29:00 -0500

Hi Listers,

I'd like to automate rman to duplicate db on a remote server as refresh purpose.
The target database is in archive mode, and I want duplicate testdb in noarchive mode. we use cold rman backup. I had no problem to duplicate the test remote database. However, I am not sure how to make it automate without manuly issue the command "alter database open resetlogs" on testdb site.
Here is my script to run duplicate;
run {

    set until time 'SYSDATE -1';
    allocate channel d1 type disk;

    allocate auxiliary channel aux1 type disk;
    allocate auxiliary channel aux2 type disk;
    allocate auxiliary channel aux3 type disk;
    duplicate target database to $A_ORACLE_SID     logfile

'/redo1/NGDDBA/log01.dbf' size 20k,
'/redo1/NGDDBA/log02.dbf' size 20k,
'/redo1/NGDDBA/log03.dbf' size 20k;

    release channel aux1;
    release channel aux2;
    release channel aux3;

}

At end of the log, I got the following error, I have to log on testdb and open resetlogs, the testdb open without any problem. I tried to add sql' alter database open resetlogs' in the script, It won't go that far.

thanks,

Joan

executing script: Memory Script

executing command: SET until clause

Starting recover at 14-DEC-04

starting media recovery

released channel: d1
released channel: aux1
released channel: aux2
released channel: aux3
RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at 12/14/2004 15:47:36
RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory Script
RMAN-06053: unable to perform media recovery because of missing log RMAN-06025: no backup of log thread 1 seq 7166 scn 543676542 found to restore