Fwd: Google Seeking Python and DBA skills

From: Jonathan Gennick <>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:34:45 -0500

I'm forwarding this, with the original author's permission, because I think it might be of interest. If you're interested in a DBA job at Google, read below. Just to clarify, Marianne is looking for a MySQL DBA. I know this is an Oracle list, but hey, you never know what skills people might have, and a job at Google is not your run-of-the-mill opportunity.

If you have any interest, don't reply to me. Reply to Marianne.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are * 906.387.1698 *

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one article on Oracle technologies per month by email. To join, visit, or send email to and include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.

Monday, December 6, 2004, 7:19:28 PM,
mdove ( wrote:

Hello. My name is Marianne Dove. I'm a recruiter for Google. Google is currently seeking a database/Unix Sys Admin expert for a position in Mountain View, California. I ran across your name while I was conducting a Google search for possible candidates in the hopes of networking with as many database experts as possible. With your experience and probable contacts in the hi-tech community while working for O'Reilly, would you happen to know of anyone that may be interested in this position at Google?

This is such a great opportunity, and Google is seeking the very best Engineers from around the world and I feel there must be dozens of database experts out there. I'm hoping I can find some of them through networking with you. I've attached a job description. If you happen to know of any that may be interested, please feel free to forward this email to them and have them contact me directly. I hope you are not bothered by my networking attempt. Or if by some streak of fortune on my part, if you are interested, please let me know. :-) Thank you for your consideration and time.

Marianne Dove

Google Recruiter

Mountain View, California