Oracle training

From: <Tony.Adolph_at_o2.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 01:38:33 +0100

Hi all,
It happens to all long term contractors eventually.... after nearly 6 years in the same post I've been told I'm not getting a contract extension after March. So I reckon its about time I brushed up my skills a bit ready for my next epic. I haven't had any formal training for a few years when I did Oracle 8i Performance Tuning course and the Distributed Systems course. I did the DBA course in version 7, 8-9 years ago. I did a Financials couse about 7 years ago, I think that was versin 10.7, but I really cant rememeber (the version or the contents of the couse - not used it for 6 years).

I am looking for a bit of advise from you:

I am currently living in Germany and would like some recomendations for courses, i.e. which couse and location. I've just found this on the net whcih looks very interesting:
http://www.koenig-solutions.com/training/boot_camp_uk.asp?currid=7 anyone had any experince here? It looks good value for money.

As the usd is currently very weak agains both the euro and pound, does it make sense to make the course(s) in the US?

I was looking at OCA / OCP.

Pointers appreciated,

Cheers
Tony