Question about Web Services outside the firewall and connections to Oracle DB's

From: Henslee, Jeff <jhenslee_at_wausauwindow.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:08:49 -0600

I know that this is an RTFM question - I just need a little help in = finding what FM to R??? (to quote someone else on the list).

What have other Oracle DBA's done to help secure connections to web = services published outside the firewall? All of our connection = information is encrypted. I'm sure that it is not enough. What have = other people done to address this security? Do all Web services have to = be outside of the firewall? What are some other options?

Thank you for any suggestions and experiences. Much appreciated!

Jeffrey C. Henslee (Chico)
Six Sigma Green Belt
Wausau Window and Wall Systems
(715) 846-3196