Re: Find out the table name inside the trigger code

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:17:03 -0800 (PST)

Carel-Jan,

Thanks a lot.

Of course I am doing exactly what you said. Using PL/SQL for the code and passing the table name to the PL/SQL from the triggers.

With ora_sql_text I can eliminate even that parameter, but the benefit is not going to be the great.

It just popup in the head today.
He asked me and I did not know.
Try to find it and could not (limited time :) Then I asked it here.

Regards,
Zoran Martic

> Zoran,
>
> When you have very similar code, and it is 'copied'
> into a number of
> triggers, consider putting the code in a packaged
> procedure, and call this
> from your trigger. hard-coding (generating) the
> triggers is getting more
> straightforward then. And you can pass the tablename
> in the call,
> hardcoded (and generated).
>
> It gives you one central point for maintenance, in
> stead of changing lots
> of triggers (and forgetting one every now and then).
>
> Regards, Carel-Jan
>
> ===
> If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
> (Derek Bok)
> ===

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - What will yours do? http://my.yahoo.com