Re: Differences between HP unix and Solaris

From: Alexander Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:58:39 +0100

We are an HP shop now and run or DB's on HP Superdomes. Machines are working really hard. Unfortunatly, we are having far too many hardware problems and compare to another dept. that uses many Sun's we had more h/w problems during last 6 months that they during last 3 years. In addition, their MCSG cluster software is somewhat old and often doesn't handle well lost of one node due to hardware pbms. In addition, Veritas releasing HP-UX ports quite slow and lagging a lot from Solaris. Also Veritas support for HP-UX is far from satisfactory. One huge plus of HP is support. Our sysadmins claim that it's one of the best supports.

Cheers,
Alex

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:37:48 -0800 (PST), M.Godlewski <mcgodlewski_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm currently working on Sun Solaris, but looking at an opportunity to wo=
rk on Oracle and HP.

>=20

> I was wondering if there are any major differences between the 2 UNIX's?
>=20

> Thanks In Advance.
>=20

> The all-new My Yahoo! =E2=80=93 Get yours free!
>=20

>=20

--=20
Best regards,