Re: SAP/Oracle

From: <Kip.Bryant_at_Vishay.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:29:15 -0800

|----------------

|Of course there was a recommendation to reorganize the entire database, as
|there were 'too many extents' in many of the tables.

|SAP is *very* big on re-organizing databases. There are extensive utilities
|from SAP just for reorgs.

J,

They're still after you about this? I know early on I had a document from them that said tables should be reorganized if they had 10 extents (boy, am I in trouble...) and stuff like that but I recall some discussion / feedback from them a few years ago that complete reorgs were not being recommended...only the occasional index reorg if index fragmentation was a problem...

K.