RE: looking for a good way to change manage oracle

From: Chazhoor, Vincent <Vincent.Chazhoor_at_cibc.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 12:55:47 -0500

My current project has six releases moving in parallel. The company is followig the RUP methodology. A few of the releases are in development and we have the same challenge of managing version conrol. We are using clearcase and a custom tool to manage this. The links below may be helpful.

http://www.vsj.co.uk/articles/display.asp?id=393

You could download a freeware from http://www.ddlwizard.com/ I found a perl script in archieves of comp.databases and it was useful. There is a PL/SQL script at asktom.oracle.com which will create most of the object types. You could modify this to add the additional object types required.
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:12251516314420919508::NO::F4950_ P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:1464804639878 -----Original Message-----
From: ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net [mailto:ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net] Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 12:08 PM To: mark.powell_at_eds.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Cc: Powell, Mark D
Subject: RE: looking for a good way to change manage oracle

the developers cannot make any modifcations to structure. This is not a simple system. We have hundreds of objects that include everything from partitions, to IOTs, to objects. Multiple users, multiple tablespaces, and multiple datafiles.

Its large. There are 300 people on the project. I really am hoping for an automated tool to help us. I am really hoping we can get an automated process. We are even having release schedules flipped. Release A,B,C. Well it becomes C, B,A and then changes again after we test it. This alone screws up column ordering. We are using an interface that requires the column order to be the same or the system crashes(long story, cant change it, have to deal with it.. system is too big to just 'get rid of it' The government has already spent $500 million developing this thing).

Thanks for the help guys.