Re: UTLRP

From: Ron Thomas <RThomas_at_hypercom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:22:44 -0700

Take a look at utlrcmp.sql

Thanks,
Ron.

"To really screw up Linux you have to work at it...To really screw up Windows, you have to work ON
it."
"The software said to install Windows 98 or better... So I installed linux."
"Windows - How do you want to be exploited today?"
"Friends don't let friends use IE"

             Ethan.Post_at_ps.net
             Sent by:
             oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.o                                                         To
             rg                                  Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
                                                                                                 cc

             12/10/04 10:06 AM                                                              Subject
                                                 UTLRP

                  Please respond to
                  Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

I rely heavily on utlrp to keep database objects compiled in heavy development environment. My recent endeavor to write a PL/SQL package which adds instrumentation to existing PL/SQL has been a success but when all is said and done I will need to run a compile and I don't like most of the home growns I have seen, I like utlrp!

Has anyone turned utlrp into a SYS owned package and tried to internalize the whole thing so it will run straight from stored proc? I took a quick look and it looks like it might not be too hard. Anyone tried this?