RE: looking for a good way to change manage oracle

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:04:55 -0500

Ryan,

It seems that your approach is always playing catch-up. Here, we developed a very simple Database Request system. Developers cannot make any changes anyplace - they have to request a change be made via the request system. The application tracks all changes and what level of the database they have been applied to (Dev, Staging or Production). Simple reports can be generated showing what changes are in Dev, but not in staging yet.

I'm really talking about managing your change requests a little better. If you manage your requests better, then you don't need a schema compare functionality.

Hope this helps.

Tom