Re: SAP/Oracle

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:04:26 +0000

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:48:57 +1100, Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_bizmail.com.au> wrote:
> [...]

etc

I believe that ERP vendors do this in order that their products perform 'consistently' across all platforms. Whether that is consistent as in Australian test cricket or consistent as in Bangladesh test cricket is left as an exercise for the reader.

though I am taken with something I heard Dave Ensor say once, I'm paraphrasing badly here but you get the gist

"in the eighties we developed our own products that were late, over budget and performed terribly. Now we buy off the shelf packages that are available immediately, over budget and perform terribly, so that is an improvement really"

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA