RE: Requirement to run as user SYS

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:57:38 -0600

Ditto for ought.6 on HP/UX 11.11, except for some SYS replication package bodies that were invalid in 0.5 are now valid. When we migrated from 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.5.0, we had SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_RGT_CUST and DBMS_REPCAT_UTL4 go invalid. I'm guessing that this is related to the reason why our only mview is also invalid, despite it working fine. And apparently due to some DD references, there appears to be no way to validate them. We had a similar issue under 8.1.7. Oracle Support had a fix to "reinstall" the replication scripts from ?/rdbms/admin, even though we don't use AR. It worked in 8.1.7, but not for 9.2.0.5.0

When I applied .6 to a copy of our production DB, all objects are now valid. It'll be nice to get rid of the hacks in my invalid object checker script...

Rich

From: Gogala, Mladen [ mailto:MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com] Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2004 11:45 AM To: Hollis, Les; Gogala, Mladen; barb.baker_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Requirement to run as user SYS

9.2.0.6???? Which platform? Did you have any problems? What are your Overall impressions?

--

Mladen Gogala

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Dec 09 2004 - 12:58:07 CST