RE: Requirement to run as user SYS

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:41:15 -0500

Barb,

        I for one make extremely limited use of SYS. Basically we use it to startup and shutdown as well as creating databases. Everything else can be done from a normal user account that has been granted the DBA role. It's also safer. Drop some of those SYS objects and your DB will crash & not restart.=20

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA