OCIDBAccess.free_temp_alloc (JDBC/OCI)

From: Sami Seerangan <dba.orcl_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 09:04:34 -0500

Hi All,

Does anybody have an idea what OCIDBAccess.free_temp_alloc(Native Method) does?

We are using JDBC OCI to make db connections from appserver. The JVM (java virtual Machine) goes down intermittently. The JVM trace outputs the above line related to
OCIDBAccess.free_temp_alloc(Native Method)

Current Java thread:

        at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.free_temp_alloc(Native Method)
        at oracle.jdbc.oci8.OCIDBAccess.parseExecuteDescribe(OCIDBAccess.java:1287)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteQuery(OracleStatement.java:2513)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:2840)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:640)

We have opened a TAR, the same time we are trying to get more hints from experts over here.

Any help would be highly helpful.

--
Sami Seerangan
Oracle DBA