RMAN Restore to New Host

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 04:11:28 -0800 (PST)

This should be a simple RMAN task but I can't find the "recipe" to do it....

I want to restore my backup (assume backup to disk - no MML considerations) to a new host. I know about the duplicate command but this assumes that the original target is available. What if my original server has died? (don't worry - only a test!)

I'm sure this is a RTFM - but what FM to R?

Thanks
- Charlotte

Do you Yahoo!?