RE: DISM & Oracle 9i

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:05:12 -0500

Scott,

I ran into a LARGE brick wall, when trying to set sga_max_size, (which implicitly enables DISM), but I was on Solaris 8. Don't even think about it on Solaris 8. On solaris 9, if you're on a=20 suitably recent version (I *think* it's April 2004 or later), then you should be fine. Solaris 8 and early versions of=20 Solaris 9 are *bad news*, but recent Solaris 9 is ok.

-Mark