RE: db_file_multiblock_read_count and performance

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:31:21 -0600

I think what he is trying to prove is that given two full table scans one should perform faster by adjusting the size of the multiblock reads. The right questions might be....

  1. Is DBMRC informative in nature only (tells Oracle what the actual read count size is for OS)?

or

2) Does DBMRC actually influence the size of read count at IO level? =20