RE: db_file_multiblock_read_count and performance

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:50:36 -0600

Do you get a different plan when you change the parameter?

Are you doing any physical IO with your test query?

I thought your OS will always do whatever it is capable of, so changing this parameter will only effect the cost of the different plans Oracle comes up with.

Suggest you read "Searching for intelligent life in cost based optimizer" (search google) and adjust optimizer parms correctly, also set MBRC to whatever OS is capable of, search ixora (Steve Adam's site) for a script that will determine this.=20