RE: RMAN register database pblm. Resolution....

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:31:07 -0500

List,
 The ITAR produced the results as expected but the work around provided will sovle the problem.
References NOTE: 146298.1 Unable to register a database in RMAN. (why the metalink search did not show this note is beyond me. I guess I did no ask the proper question)

fix : 1. Upgrade the Oracle version to 9i. Work around: rebuild the target database control file References NOTE:1012929.6 How to recreate the Controlfile.

I will recreate the controlfile when the SYSADMIN returns from Vacation. so the O.S.backups can be completed on demand.
Thanks for your insight and help.
Ron Rogers
DBA OCP
Georgia Lottery Corp.