Re: Detail of the TAF mecanism used with Rac Guard or even just RAC

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 03:21:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi Peter,

The most of the TAF functionality is done on the client side as you probably know.

That means your client side is full of the hidden OCI variables (some accesible through regular OCI calls) that are used to retry the cursor in the TAF environment and even continue from the place where it stopped (RETRY).

Just imagine your code that can do the similar thing. Many apps are doing that already manually without using OCI functionality. Not a big deal. Just Oracle will do this much better because of knowing a lots of internals (sometimes not true :)

In this case Oracle client side just do it for you.

Regards,
Zoran

Yahoo! Mail - Find what you need with new enhanced search. http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250