RE: SQL question

From: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:58:22 +0100

Hah -- comments ... Thanks for challenging me, Jesper :-) Well, my first thought (when I saw this question) was: what are these columns A and B supposed to mean in real world, to make this type of questions "reasonable" in the first place? In other words, aren't we looking at a design mistake here? How can you have two columns that apparently have precisely the same meaning?

And another question: what is the primary key of this table?

Relational, relational, ... Isn't a table just like a spreadsheet, with rows and columns? :-)

Undskyld, undskyld,

Lex.

Tom Kyte Seminar: http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html