Re: Definition

From: Terry Sutton <terrysutton_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:40:44 -0800

SQL which doesn't use bind variables is not necessarily bad or poorly written. If you always use the same or a limited number of literals in a query and you have histograms on the table(s), you don't want to use bind variables.

I'm not sure "wrong" join order is necessarily "poorly written". Are you always using "ordered" hints or the RBO.

I would add to your list "SQL which doesn't need to be run". :-)

--Terry

Hi,
  What would be the definition of a poorly written SQL?
-sql, with wrong join order
-sql, which uses dual

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Dec 03 2004 - 10:43:59 CST