Re: 10g release 2

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 05:00:22 +0000

On 12/02/2004 02:11:29 PM, Boivin, Patrice J wrote:
> Does anyone know if 10g Release 2 will be the final release for 10g?

Pull yourself together! I don't know anybody who has 10g in production and you are talking about the "final release"?

>=20
> Will 10g Rel 2 be announced for mid 2005?

I believe that the way they started, they'll soon switch to stardates when announcing new releases. May be extending life of releases and =20 fixing them a bit wouldn't be such a bad idea? Or, alternatively, they may start talking in years A.L. (=3D After Longhorn). That will provide the element of randomness that time tables so desperately need.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA