Coordinating connecting at OpenWorld WAS: RE: OpenWorld

From: Dan Tow <dantow_at_singingsql.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:32:35 -0600

All,

I expect lots of people from this group would like to connect at OracleWorld, putting faces to e-mail addresses, or reconnecting with old friends. Rather than have several dozen e-mails to the group, each with one individual's contact information, I'm volunteering to gather all that together into a single e-mail and send just the one note to the group. If you will be at OracleWorld and want to be contactable by all other group members while you're there, send *just me* a note with your contact information, with the above subject line, by Friday, noon Pacific time (GMT-8, I think), and I'll try to collect it all by Friday night or Saturday morning, at the latest, for a single note to the whole group. I suggest the following single line per person:

Name <WHICH-DAYS-you'll-be-at-OracleWorld> <Preferred-contact-method>

<WHICH-DAYS-You'll-be-at-OracleWorld> should look something like MTuW, for example, if you will be there Monday through Wednesday.

<Preferred-contact-method> will be an e-mail address if you'll be checking e-mail while there, and/or a phone number if you'll be contactable by phone, especially by cell-phone while wandering. If someone else wants to then use this information to try to organize an oracle-l night out, or whatever other sort of party, that'd be fine, or you can just connect up with your favorites.

Thanks,

Dan Tow
650-858-1557
www.singingsql.com