Re: OT? Rhas 3.0 rpm quandary

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:06:55 -0500

Patrick,

You don't actually need the OpenMotif package - we don't include it as part of our standard redhat 3 build and we install/uninstall/create/destroy Oracle 10g databases on an almost-daily basis.

The other answer might be - is there possibly another package named openmotif? did you try doing an rpm -qa | grep motif and look for any secondary packages that could have confused it? There's also the --rebuild flag - you can use that to repair corrupted rpm databases.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito