RE: database restore question (Urgent!)

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:23:36 +1100

Lie, lies, damned lies! :)

It IS, in fact, possible to recover across an open resetlogs in versions pr= ior to 10g, but it's a heck of a lot easier to do it in 10g.
=

Pete
=

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
=

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Roger Xu Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 4:09 PM To: Oracle-L_at_Freelists. Org (E-mail)
Subject: database restore question (Urgent!)

Hi list,

We need to do a point-in-time restore of one of our 9.2i databases to Monda= y
3 p.m.
The last two backups was performed Sunday night and Friday night and all th= e
archived logs are in the original place. After 13 hours of tape restore, we found out one of the DLT tapes is bad. W= e
are able to find out which files are in this tape and there are 36 datafiles on it.

My question: Can we restore those 36 files from Friday night's backup?

Thanks,
Roger Xu

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material.

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request to tech_support_at_dp7uptx.com.