Re: Ocfs file system crash

From: Scott <oraracdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:53:00 -0800 (PST)

Arun, You are running into a firwire problem. I have been there done that with firewire, Once I switched to SCSI the problems went away.

Some of this is a OCFS issue but it is more of Firewire issue. I also found the same the same FW cards may have parts from different OEM's and different BIOS's.

I ran this test on 6 different Dell 1650 clusters all with same problems. I tried RHAS 2.1, RHEL 3.0 and SUSE SLES8. SUSE gave me the best results over Redhat but still had major firwire and OCFS issues. Once I went to SCSI the problems went away.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail