RE: Three is the number, the number shall be three ...

From: Hollis, Les <Les.Hollis_at_ps.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:10:45 -0600

I do remember sitting through an Oracle Fundamentals class (for Version 8) where the instructor said that If you wish to completely flush the shared pool (pinned objects and all) then you must issue the flush shared_pool command 3 times in fairly quick succession.

Lees than the three and it will only flush the parsed SQL .. PL/SQL