Re: ORA-00600 [19004]

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:24:49 +0100

Sonja,

Perhaps you should elaborate on the failure with EXECUTE IMMEDIATE - It
*should* work (however, DDL statements are not allowed as such in PL/SQL).

I suggest you write a very simple wrapper procedure eg COLLECT_STATS, which does an EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'alter session blah' then calls DBMS_STATS. Test it, then make the job run this procedure.

Regards,

Stephane Faroult

RoughSea Ltd
http://www.roughsea.com

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:49 , Sonja Šehović <sonja.sehovic_at_pbz.hr> sent:

Hi all!

I's Oracle 9.2.0.4 on AIX 5.2
The problem is with gathering statistics. As workaround Oracle suggested to set NLS_SORT=3Dbinary in the session = before collecting statistics.

I wanted to put it in my daily job and tried this:

BEGIN DBMS_JOB.CHANGE
(job =3D> 21,
next_date =3D> to_date('27-stu-2004 01:00:00 AM','dd-Mon-yyyy HH:MI:SS = AM'),
interval =3D> 'TRUNC(SYSDATE+1)+1/24',
what =3D> 'alter session set NLS_SORT=3Dbinary; DBMS_STATS.GATHER_DATABASE_STATS (NULL, FALSE,''FOR ALL = COLUMNS SIZE AUTO'',4, ''DEFAULT'',TRUE,NULL,NULL,''GATHER'');' );
END;
/

BEGIN DBMS_JOB.CHANGE
*

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 93:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "ALTER" when expecting one of the =
following:

begin case declare exit for goto if loop mod null pragma raise return select update while with
<<
close current delete fetch lock insert open rollback savepoint set sql execute commit forall merge pipe
The symbol "update was inserted before "ALTER" to continue.
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 79
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 205
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_JOB", line 185
ORA-06512: at line 1

I also tried with exec immediate but with no luck. Can someone tell me how to do this?

Regards,
Sonja

--- Links ---
   1 modules/refer.pl?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.freelists.org%2Fwebpage%2Foracle-l