Re: Viewing filesystemio options

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:40:13 +0000

On 11/25/2004 04:24:03 PM, Uwe Weber wrote:
>=20

> I am shure you read 'AIX CIO Implementation and Performance'.

I have. That is why I know what CIO stands for. I was responding in the jovial mode trying not to spell out the ugly truth, formulated in the Metalink Note 281253.1:

Cause
IBM does not support Direct I/O on JFS2 filesystems in 9i.

There was a bug in 9.2.0.3 which caused DIO to be used. The 9.2.0.5 release includes the fix to not accidentally use DIO. Note that the bug is that DIO was being used in 9.2.0.3 and has been =20 fixed.
There is no bug in 9.2.0.5 regarding DIO and it is not used by design.

Now that I've ruined your Thanksgiving, I wish you the very best =20 holiday.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA