FW: OT rhas up2date packages

From: Nick Tilbury _at_ Northampton <_at_>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:56:59 -0000

Please see message below from our Linux Admin.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Boivin, Patrice J Sent: 25 November 2004 15:43
Cc: Oracle-L (E-mail)
Subject: OT rhas up2date packages

I noticed over time that as I applied updates to the rhas packages, my / volume kept losing free space.

Rhas apparently puts the new copies in /var/spool/packages and never removes the old ones?

Is there a way I can tell up2date to remove the packages it replaces with newer versions.

This is a small system I can't ln to another volume, I only have one disk to play with.

Similarly for em10g, I hope the patching function deletes obsolete patches, that it doesn't just store them all on the em10g host.

Patrice.

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message. All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of VarTecTelecom Europe Ltd or its affiliates. VarTec Telecom Europe Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Nov 25 2004 - 09:53:24 CST