ORA-08176: consistent read failure; rollback data not available

From: Vaidya, ShreepadX M <shreepadx.m.vaidya_at_intel.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:57:04 +0530

Hi,

 We implemented UNDO management on our servers and started getting these errors for few of our programs:=20

ORA-08176: consistent read failure; rollback data not available=20

Per Oracle9i Database Error Messages reference: Cause: Encountered data changed by an operation that does not generate rollback data: create index, direct load or discrete transaction.=20

Action: In read/write transactions, retry the intended operation. Read-only transactions must be restarted.

We did not encounter these errors when we were using the old rollback segments and we have not changed any code on our server.=20

Our environment is Oracle 9.2.0.5.0 DB on Windows 2000 AS.

 Any inputs/suggestions would be great.

		Thanks and regads
		Shreepad=20