Re: DBA Interview Questions

From: Alex <stant_98_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:46:11 -0800 (PST)

Which I have done in the past two months and feel that it isn't all that hard to learn. I am not the expert on OEM, but feel pretty confident working with it.

Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca> wrote:
Freeman, Donald wrote:

>You'd think so. I reviewed 9 resumes today and they have everything but the kitchen sink in them. I had to make a spreadsheet and score them on what I thought was important for my shop which was none of the below with the exception of Enterprise Manager. If you are an Oracle DBA I hope you could handle OEM.

I see.

I find it hard to stomach that the Oracle DBA certification does not cover all these grounds but merely covers the plain database alone (including OEM, RMAN and Perf Tuning, which are part of the database).

I guess work experience is the best indicator.

--
Lyndon Tiu

 The all-new My Yahoo! – What will yours do?