RE: DBA Interview Questions

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:15:07 -0500

I agree with all of that. The contract DBA previous to this one kept getting annoyed because I'd read about something and ask him about it. He was 8i certified, we are using 9i, and he hadn't done anything to implement any feature of our expensive new software. After dragging him through every single improvement that I could identify, I mentioned that 9i could handle multiple block sizes. His heart about seized up. He thought he had heard me make the stupidest comment anybody claiming the title of DBA could make and really went off his rocker. I went back to my desk and copied and pasted the information about multiple block sizes into an email and sent it to him. He never got over that and left shortly afterward. [Freeman, Donald]