Re: Limitations of MSSQL Server Vs. Oracle OR simply otherwise li mitations in general - OT

From: mhthomas <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:21:39 -0500

Hi,

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:30:27 +0000, Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> There was an article discussed recently on comp.databases.oracle.server
> server is worse. I cannot fathom why do people expect the company that
> has created such a peace of s....oftware as Windows to create a good
> database software?

Thanks for the posting. I'll go take a look. :-)

I still (recently) hear management say that more-and-more MS SQL Server is being installed at their companies. These guys are looking only at the license costs, and MS is bundling SQL Server with many of their products and configurations.

These same guys say Oracle is too expensive. Oh well, at least there are Open Source databases.

No way I'd rely on MS vaporware, especially with their DB track record. But, its easy enough not to worry about the marketing lies. And, remember, 50-120$/hr DBA consultants don't care where they do the work. ;-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas