Re: ODBC connection

From: mhthomas <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:06:37 -0500

Huh? I disagree. I think you may be engineering a hack fix to the problem.

Why try to connect to Oracle without the Oracle drivers, and why look for a non-Oracle product to solve the problem.

If this can be done with existing Microsoft products alone, then fine. But, it makes no sense to go looking for a non-Oracle product to simulate functionality Oracle provides. If someone is architecting that solution, they are not doing a 'responsible' job, at least w.r.t. the excuse of 'protecting' a client workstation from loading Oracle software.

I think there would have to be another 'good' reason to justify using the datadirect product in your situation. :-)

HTH Regards,

Mike Thomas