Re: RMAN Testing Suggestions

From: Alexander Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:18:20 +0100

Dennis,

We test backups of every of our databases restoring it on test systems (another boxes). Every database is restored to at least one new instance (up to 3 for some weeks). It proves that our backups are ok and gives us refreshes of test systems. Sometimes we even restore from backup and roll forward more that 24 hours. This proves that we are able to recover even if we have problem with latest backup.

HTH,
Alex

--
Best regards,