Flashback Query Error

From: John P Weatherman Jr. <asahoshi_at_infionline.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:55:52 -0500

All,

I am starting to experiment with flashback query. When I use the VERSIONS clause, I keep getting "ORA-30052: invalid lower limit snapshot expression". I have tried every reasonable set of timestamp values I can come up with, with no luck. There isn't a lot on this one Metalink or Google. Has anyone had issues with this or have some idea what may be behind it? I am running 10.1.0.3 on AIX 5.2. This is a 2 node RAC cluster. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John P Weatherman
Oracle DBA Advance America