** mv log

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:26:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  Recently I incresed the column length in a table that has a materialized view log on it. Update to the column with increased length is not working. I am planning to recreate the mv log. Before that I would like to extract the mv log definition so I can use the same for re-creating it. I want to be careful and follow the exact steps. Anything else I need to do? I did find the table mlog$_<table_name>. I assume this gets created when the mv log is created.

When I delete the mv log then I assume all objects that depend on the mv log have to be complete refreshed. There could be objects in other databases that depend on it and I do not know how to find those. What would happen if I delete the mv log and recreate it and after that one of the dependent objects tries to do a refresh. Will it get an error or will it just changes after the re-creation. Thanks for your help.

Do You Yahoo!?